Monday 25 November 2013

DIY document Cam

I have recently come across this little gem from Kevin Honeycutt.


 I was intrigued by the idea and thought I'd give it all a go.
I use ShowMe and Educreations as part of my maths programme anyway but I liked the potential for manipulation of materials using this technique. I was also able to have multiple children interacting with the same piece of work at the same time. Here is the first lesson my children and I created.



This is my group that really benefits from repetition and materials. Having videos to refer to has been a tool that I have used all year but this is stepping it up a little for me. Video and maths are made for each other. I am able to see where exactly my group stands in terms of using a strategy, if they are ready to move on or if they need more support. I also like the fact that the children can always go back and check to see if they are on the right track. New learning is available to them at all times.

Here is what one of my groups came up with today.



Thank you Kevin for your awesome idea!

1 comment:

  1. I'm thrilled that you jumped in and gave it a try! I want to keep pushing this concept into areas of collaborative learning between students! LOVE seeing this!!

    ReplyDelete