Monday 24 March 2014

Blogging with Juniors

I have finally managed to set up individual blogs for my Year 2 class. As I've said before my Year 2 children seem to be so enthusiastic about everything we do. They love to show what they can do and so I thought that for some of my kiddies blogging is the way to go.
I have some children who are not particularly confident when it comes to writing but they feel more comfortable writing on the computer. The purpose of this is to start to develop an enjoyment of writing in my reluctant writers. They all know that I have to approve their writing before it goes on the web. I think this way they have the safety net of me checking their writing before it goes up online. None of these children have had an individual blog before so having the responsibility is also exciting.

We started by discussing how writing online is like publishing your work on the wall right away. It is your best work. We also discussed some rules about making comments and what to write and what not to write. I think at the moment they are being quite cautious so we will see what the future brings.

Please have a read of what they are writing so far and leave us a comment: http://kidblog.org/room9pvs/

2 comments:

  1. Exciting times!
    I got some of the kids in my class to check your kids blogs out. Very impressive writing coming from these little ones. My class is using google apps for education this year so lots of similar conversations are going on in my class about appropriate comments and what sort of digital citizen we are being.
    I am enjoying reading your blog too.
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Sarah! Some of my little ones have really taken to blogging. I'm JUST keeping up with keeping it up to date. I'm glad that they're enjoying writing for themselves. They love reading the comments that people write for them. I saw the comments your students wrote. Thank you for those we really appreciate them. The kids and I had a read this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete