Monday 10 October 2016

Back to it!

Well, it's official! I'm back in the classroom after taking time off with my little madam. Today was my first day back at school in a class that will be shared between me and a colleague. I will be in the class from Monday until Wednesday, which seems like a perfect compromise for our little family.
I will be in a year 1 class (this is the youngest I have ever taught) and I'm looking forward to the challenges ahead. Starting at a new school is exciting because I have never taught outside of Point View. It is a strange experience not only, start at a new school, but also at a new school. There are so many routines and procedures to get my head around. My first port of call is to establish routines in my classroom. I will be doing things slightly differently to the previous teacher so the children will take some time to adjust. As always my aim is to create independent people so I would like to start putting systems in place where these children can start to take some ownership of their learning and their choices. I believe that even from a young age, children are capable of being independent, we just don't give them enough credit.
So watch this space. I will be bringing more news of my adventures this term.

No comments:

Post a Comment